Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Fall 2020 Con Law I Class

Greetings. I just posted a link to this blog on Canvas, so I thought I would welcome you here.

The Fall 2020 Covid-version of Con Law I will be a distance class. I am spending most of the summer teaching the class to an empty classroom in Room 113 in order to record the classes for you to view at home. We will also have zoom discussion sessions. It has been a lot of work, but I have enjoyed it because I love teaching this course.

These video recordings will be posted both here and (I believe) on Canvas during the semester. But not until early August.

Be aware that I don't use Canvas for very much. I believe Con Law can't be learned with modules, flash cards, and little exercises and quizzes. It requires deep and thoughtful analysis of Supreme Court opinions dealing with complex issues.

I use this blog to communicate with students enrolled in this course. Please check the Con Law course blog regularly (a quick check once a day will keep you up to date).

Announcements will be posted here. My syllabus will be here. Links to oral arguments we will be listening to will be here. And many helpful substantive posts about cases we are reading and issues we are analyzing will be here.

I miss the in-person classroom with everybody in one place learning about our Constitution. I am trying to come as close to that experience for you with recorded classes and zoom discussions.

We will learn a lot about our great Written Constitution this year. And I can't wait to get going!

Cheers,

Rick Duncan

No comments: