Thursday, August 13, 2020

Con Law I Distance Plan




 
I will be teaching Con Law I remotely during Fall 2020. Here is my plan:

  1. I will teach and record the entire class to an empty classroom this summer. The recorded class videos will be linked on this class blog (and probably on Canvas, although I don't use Canvas for much).
  2. I will have regular zoom discussion sessions and Q & A sessions to supplement the recorded classes. I plan to schedule at least 18 hours (1080 minutes) of Zoom sessions. My plan is to have zoom sessions every week during our scheduled class hours (probably twice a week most weeks for 60 to 75 minutes per session).
  3. I will assign a number of oral arguments of landmark SCOTUS cases. This will enable you to listen to excellent lawyers arguing some of the very cases we are reading. You will learn both substantive con law and oral advocacy skills from these oral arguments. Some of our Zoom sessions will focus on a discussion of the oral arguments I have assigned.
  4. I have been teaching on line for more than 20 years via this course blogs. It is the primary way I communicate with my students outside of class. I post assignments and announcements here. I post many substantive posts here (several posts for each class) and I also will link to recorded lectures, articles, news reports, and SCOTUS oral arguments. I encourage you to participate by posting comments or questions to the blog posts.
  5. I will have telephone office hours and I encourage y'all to call me to discuss con law or to ask questions.
  6. I don't use Canvas for very much.  So please consider this blog your primary on line source for information about this course. Check it regularly for new information and substantive posts. Once a day keeps your up to date!

No comments: