Wednesday, August 09, 2006

UT Link

link

Now imagine that UNL had an official website that gave some advice about "Spirituality and Fears About the After Life" that included some advice:

James Smith, who was raised in a liberal Unitarian church, suffered from his fear that a truly Holy God could not possibly ignore the reality of sin.

" I was raised in a church that teaches that salvation is universal and is earned, regardless of what you believe, by living a good life. But I know that I am not good, at least not in the eyes of a holy and righteous God. I realized that trusting Jesus and the blood He shed for me on the cross was the only way for me to get past my guilt and my sins. The God I really believed in was a God who was both Holy and Merciful. His holiness demanded that He hate my sin, but in His mercy and His love he sent his Son to die for those who trust in Him."

This is an experience many people go through. Faced with a conflict between their religion and their concept of what God must really be like, they come to realize that a truly righteous God can not grade on the curve and that a truly merciful God would create one path--the way of the Cross--to save those who accept His mercy."

Would this statement of spiritual counseling from UNL officials violate the EC?

No comments: