Saturday, March 21, 2020

Con Law II Spring 2020: Amendments To Syllabus (March 18 2020)


Assignments

As I said in class, we will finish out the existing free speech assignments (#3 thru #7) during our on line study. To provide some oral give and take, I will post links to three oral arguments of cases we are reading. I will write blog posts for each of the oral arguments and invite you to each share at least one comment or impression on each oral argument.

Schedule

As we discussed, we will not be meeting in person or virtually. All on line classes will be via this blog. Starting around March 31, I will begin to upload posts to the blog on the cases and the related oral arguments. I will provide more detailed blog posts designed to help you understand the key issues and holdings of the cases we are studying. You will be able to write comments at the end of the blog posts sharing ideas or asking questions. You can also email any questions to me.

Grading & Exam

Your grade for this course will be based (100%) upon the final exam. The final exam will be a 4-hour take-home open book exam. It will consist of two essay questions, one a bit longer than the other. This is an open book exam. You may use whatever research materials you wish to complete the examination, including materials you received from class, but you may not discuss, consult with, nor rely upon the work product of any other person including lawyers, instructors, or students. Your answers must represent your own work; you must do the drafting and writing of the exam answers yourself.

Contact Information

I have already emailed you my cell phone number. I am available either by phone or email (rduncan2@unl.edu) whenever you need me. If you wish to talk by phone, send me an email to set up a time when we can arrange for a call. If you need to get me right away, just call me. These are difficult times, and I want to help you however I can.

No comments: